Sunday, January 09, 2005

Running Follies?

Does anyone have a good idea where I could buy some common sense online? I have a credit card, and I'm willing to absorb hefty shipping fees...

My knees are still wrecked from the last half-marathon (Singapore) and I just signed up for one in Hong Kong... of course, I really just want to visit Macau (en route) and Hong Kong (dim sum!) but I think I might be crippled for life afterwards. That will be unfortunate. I was on the phone with Grandma Quasius recently and she listed the members of our immediate family who have gotten knee surgery (yeeps). At least I'll be well-insured again in law/graduate school next fall!

(Why don't I just buy a plane ticket and visit without running 20+ km? That would be where common sense might come in handy...)

Seeking common sense and any tips for this extended jog. I think I might train this time, if I can manage to run further than 50 m without pain.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 AM, Blogger jeremy said...

re: knees. running tends to overdevelop the outside of yr quads, which causes yr knees to misallign themselves. what the fuck am i saying; i ain't no doctor. but i know that if you do one legged squats, but only bending your knee to a 30 degree angle, that should help with the inner parts of the quad. other than that, a few days off never hurt anyone..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where are you going? Create your own travel map!
View mquasius11's TravBuddy Profile