Monday, August 02, 2004

GROARRRRR

Hello darlings... Yahoo won't let me access my email account, even after it made me change my password, and none of the ATMs that belong to my bank are currently working. We're leaving on a trip for Singapore, Kota Kinabalu (Borneo) and Kuala Lumpur tonight. Also, the operator at USM won't let me make any outgoing phone calls--even to students. So, I had to walk across campus to cancel a class instead of simply calling my students (I have their numbers for the express purpose or re-scheduling classes), so that they could raise their stress-creased eyelids to hear me say that they didn't need to have left their studying at home for my class... which I gladly would have told them except the operator is a meddling, gossipy bitch who likes to report every phone call I make to the Director's secretary. Good news: I finished my medical examination at the Health center today, and actually spoke with a doctor who could explain the directions for my malaria medication and acknowledged that I have asthma...she even knew the names of asthma medications and recommended a pharmacist who might be able to give me a special price. Why is this exciting, you wonder, as it is what a doctor should do? Ahh, but the last doctor I saw couldn't explain the directions and insisted that I didn't really have asthma. So when I wheeze and have the occasional attack... maybe I'm pretending? What a crazy idiot--I can't believe she's responsible for people's health!

Oh...funny thing: Laura, you remember Jon Irwin and how you forward his articles for the Manny Diaries? I finally emailed him to say hi and compliment him, and in his response, he said something about it being nice to recieve compliments from random people halfway around the world...:-/ I guess I never thought I was so forgettable;)

How mundane and shrewish this posting is !... I apologize. The next time I write, I will have just returned from exciting places and a lovely (and much-needed) vacation :) Off to buy a phone card so that I don't have to deal with the phone-shrew ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where are you going? Create your own travel map!
View mquasius11's TravBuddy Profile