Monday, August 02, 2004

Volleyball Again

Excitingness...!! I met the girls volleyball team (for the university) last night while I was on my run (actually, I was lost, but I was still running, so technically)... They invited me to practice with them today, sicne some of their players went home already for the break and they've got a tournament this weekend:)

My upcoming trip: (I'm in a happier mood now since Laura's email...and b/c Yahoo finally let me log in) We're taking the overnight bus to Singapore (these are some luxurious f-ing buses: airconditioning, reclining supersized seats, etc.), where we'll be hanging out for 4 days (way too long; I might have to occupy myself with some shopping!), then taking the 1-2 hour bus ride to Johor Behru (Malaysia), so that we can fly to Kota Kinabalu. From KK, we're taking a bus to Mt. Kinabalu, which is supposed to be the tallest in SE Asia, so that we can climb and conquer it...well, along with a few hundred other tourists, including grandparents and small children. It's supposed to be easy to climb, as mountains go, though most guidebooks mention that people end up crawling to the peak...? Ahh, we'll see. I did brave the attack of the monkeys on Penang Hill... Anyhow, then we're heading back to KK so we can take a boat to Tun Abdul Razak National Marine Park, which is a group of five islands, and we're planning to camp on one of them for a couple of nights and recover, beachside, from the climb. A few days alter, we're flygin to Kuala Lumpur for a night befor heading back to Penang, but while we're still in KK, we might take a boat to Brunei just to see what it's like. emily reported that it's apparently in 'lockdown,' as alcohol and drugs are forbidden, and the national pastime is television. we also heard from a friend whose friend moved there briefly for work, and claimed that she gained 10 kg because there was nothing to do:-/ But it might be beautiful...? :)

I'll report back in a couple of weeks,

<3 Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where are you going? Create your own travel map!
View mquasius11's TravBuddy Profile